This website covers the churches of
St Augustine’s, Penarth
Holy Nativity, Penarth
St Dochdwy’s, Llandough
St Augustine’s (CF64 1BA)
The building was financed by the Countess of Plymouth at a cost of £10,000 and replaced a smaller church on the same site (there is written evidence of a church in Penarth from 1242).
The interior of the church has changed relatively little since 1866.
Butterfield was also responsible for the stained glass window above the altar and also for one of the windows in the porch.
This magnificent church was completed in 1866 having been designed by the famous Victorian architect, William Butterfield.
MUSIC plays an important part in the life of St Augustine’s. Our organist is Robert Court and his assistant is Dr Chris Berry. We have a keen, committed and gifted choir.
St. Augustine’s is a very popular venue for concerts and recordings throughout the year. It has an ideal acoustic -
The William Hill Organ
The organ, built in 1895, is a fine example of the work of William Hill & Son and one of the best examples of its kind in the country. It has recently been restored by Harrison & Harrison of Durham and is in excellent condition
|Towards a Ministry Area|
|Penarth Tots group|
|Friends of St Augustine's|
|Christmas Tree Festival|
|St Augustine's (2)|